Monday, December 27, 2010

Belated Christmas greetings

I hope you all had a wonderful, peaceful Christmas?

Wonderful yes, peaceful - sort of - A little difficult in our house, always a hive of activity with the boys and the grandchildren, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Santa brought me some arty farty presents amongst other things (lots of PJ's too! - the warm fleecy ones - Do you thing my lot are trying to tell me something LOL) Actually very practical (particularly in this weather).

I have been working more and more on digi recently (It is quite addictive when you get into it) and as I hadn't started my December page for Kates 365/2010 challenge I thought I would do a digi one and see how I faired out, with a view to doing 2011 all in digi.
Well I have to say it has turned out far better than I ever expected. Only one problem though - December has been done with a digi kit and this is a 12x12 page whereas my normal pages are A4 landscape! Solution - Will just have to get messy after all LOL.

The bulk of the elements and the page grid came from this kit http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/Impressions-of-Time.html which was a bargain at $5 which equates to about £3.50 ! and there are tons of elements in the kits and being the clever clogs that I am, I can now recolour and change the elements to suit - perfect!

I also scoured the net and downloaded lots of free kits and stamps. I must admit to not getting every creators name but two that I did were Katie Pertiet http://www.designerdigitals.com/digital-scrapbooking/ideas/showgallery.php?cat=531 and Dawn Inskip http://www.dawninskip.typepad.com/keeping_it_real/page/2/

A huge thank you to all the creators of kits and stamps that I have downloaded freely. Thank you for sharing your talents and giving so generously.

So the decision has been made. My pages for 2011 will be digi. I will have to find a 12x12 journal to put them in once I've printed them off.

And here is my January page all set to go, with some pre arranged appointments already on.
Although I am loving working in digi and expanding my knowledge & skills, I still have so much to learn and it will never take away the enjoyment of actually getting messy with paints and inks, but it's an alternative to fall back on when the mood takes or the purse dictates otherwise.

Well that's another year almost over and done with. It will be interesting to see what 2011 has in store for us all.

Finally can I thank all my cyber followers and friends for their support and comments throughout the year and finally just to wish you all a peaceful, happy and healthy 2011.

Chris x

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are continuing with the calendar challenge. I saw these digi pages over on Flickr - they look amazing :-)
    Happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, your calendar journals are amazing!!! Thanks so much for your blog visit and kind comment! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous bright page. I have never tried this form of crafting before, but I really want to give it a go this year...I am sure I will learn loads...Thank you for your inspiration! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great calendar - like the colours !

    ReplyDelete