Like I need an excuse!
While I've been waiting for my white Dylusions paint to arrive from AFTH I have been phaffing about on PSE (again) - sheeesh it is soooooo addictive - you learn something new then you want to learn something else - So much to learn, but such fun - and Sandra it IS as much fun as getting propper messy and inky ... honest! And the beauty is you can take the laptop to bed and craft in bed - now how good is that - and no mess to clear up and no inky sheets LOL.
So I have been learning about blending. It's a great tool but it's a bit hit and miss for my poor brain to deal with - but I think I'm getting there (to a degree). Using Marsha's new digi sheets (and a few of her old one's) here are two small ATC size pieces that I have done, blending several of her backgrounds to create the finished background on my cards.
I haven't a clue which blending modes I used or how I actually arrive at the finished background, but hey, it's all fun trying these things out.
In this next piccy I created my background from scratch with various free textures downloaded
from http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosebite/sets/72157614012140342/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/skeletalmess/sets/ both amazingly talented guys - I think I've a way to go before I reach their standards.
The top frill and words are from Marsha @ http://www.etsy.com/shop/tumblefishstudio and the doll image is made up of various bits from Nancy @ http://www.deviantscrap.com/shop/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=9 and Julia @ http://www.etsy.com/shop/cemerony?ref=pr_shop_more. The saying is a Manchester phrase coined by Mr. Liam Gallagher - " Living it Large", in other words don't do things by halfs or half hearted.
So the lesson today is that you can still be creative even if you are snotty, swamped and in bed LOL.
Sniffly hugs to all visitors!

Wow, I love your digi art. It's a completely mysterious art to me I'm afraid. I can see the advantages of crafting in bed without the inky sheets though LOL!
ReplyDelete