Monday, November 28, 2011

Ebay wins

I am so excited about my new goodies that I won on ebay recently, thought I would share them with you. I have been after a new ledger journal for a while now. My usual haunts have not had any in so reluctantly I turned to ebay. Now i dont normally have any joy with ebay as I usually get pipped to the post with my bids, but this time I was so lucky. I didn't just win one auction but 2! YAY and below are some piccys of my wins.
The first one is of a beautiful 1950 ledger winging its way to me all the way from France - this little beaut cost £12.00
It has a number of used pages and a number of blanks, all awaiting a splash of colour.
Now this next one I am mega excited about - its HUGE! and again cost all of £12.00 (Bargain if I may say so myself)
Description on ebay read as follows:-
Dating to 1912, this heavy ledger has marbled end papers and combing. Appears to have a wooden cover, covered in leather with brass trim to strengthen. Also has some tooling to cover and gilding to spine, although largely rubbed.480 pages, hand printed page numbers. This book is largely unused although there are random entries throughout, but I would guestimate at some 90% unused. Measures 33.5 cms high, 24 cms wide and 10 cms deep. Please note staining and rubbing to cover, not sure if this started life as leather or suede. Still very strong and sturdy. I have sought the cheapest postage from the Post Office as this is a very heavy book.
How gorgeous is that!
Seller said he was clearing out a law firm in Devon where the building was literally collapsing with the weight of the paperwork stored there (not surprised looking at the size of this baby !) He also advised that he has 2 further ledgers that he will be list on or about christmas - slightly bigger but not as thick and they will be cheeper. Keep your eyes peeled if you want a bargain!
And the best bit - I have booked Friday of this week and Monday of next week off work so fingers crossed they will arrive before then so that I can have a fabulous 'play' weekend. YAY I', so excited, can't wait to get them all full of paint & ink.

3 comments:

  1. These ledgers are gorgeous and I'm so jealous of them!Can't wait to see the finished pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love these old books. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    I gave your blog an award, if interested check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to have won two such big journals. :)

    ReplyDelete