Sunday, May 27, 2012

Where has the last 6 months gone???

Oops - Is it that long since I last posted? I can't believe that it has been nearly six months! But having said that, it has been chaotic to say the least so I guess time passes quicker than you would like to admit.
 
Okies - let's see what has been taking up all my time in the last 6 months?  Well in December I had an unplanned visit to Ireland for a family funeral and then of course there was Christmas and before you know it 2012 was upon us.

And from January there has been a number of issues relating to work which came to a head earlier last week and the top and bottom is that I am on the brink of being made redundant for the second time in 20 months! There is a possibility of TUPE but I won't hold my breath at this moment in time.
I have also had an op on my mouth which result in the loss of two precious teeth, which I do beleive could have been avoided - but you don't want to hear my thoughts on that!
Regarding work we have been given a 'window' of transfer sometime between early June and mid September - so approx 3 months. For some odd reason I don't feel as bad about it this time as I did the last time. I suppose first time around for anything is quite scarey but at least you have the experience under your belt the second time so maybe that's why I seem to be coping with this news better.
I have also been busy in my 'proper' journals (as well as maintaining a digi diary! but more of that at a later date) and if you flick back to my last post in November you will see that I managed to secure a bid for a scrumptious french ledger.  Well the pages I am showing today are some of the pages from that little ledger.  The pages were rather thin so I had to paste 3 together to give some stability to the pages.  
I love how this journal has evolved - lots of pages are work related but not so obvious as I have expressed my thoughts through sayings and quotes - I know what episode each page relates to but others don't - which is always a benefit as some of my colleagues have seen my journal and it's just a collection of sayings as far as they are concerned - If only they knew! LOL
As the pages in the journal were quite thin I didn't want to add too much bulk to the pages so there is very little paint in this journal - all the backgrounds were worked using DYLUSIONS spray inks and I just added finishing touches with paint.
All images are either from the wonder Marsha at Tumblefish @ http://www.deviantscrap.com/shop/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=29
Nancy @ Crowabout also @
or Beth Rimmer @

Well as the weather is so gloriously sunny I'm going to drag my self outside with a long cool glass of lemonade and make the most of it - it could well be over next week.

Hopefully blogging will be more frequent, well I could have a lot of time on my hands in the coming weeks/months!

No comments:

Post a Comment