I know, I know - I am rather useless at updating my blog and now that I've grasped how to work backwards and make my entries ultra quick I should have no excuse really - (hangs head in shame) but I have been ultra busy this month. I have major issues going on at work in relation to redundacies - not me (yet) - but no doubt it's coming! I have been involved in consultations with some of the trainee's. They approached me about representing them and supporting them during the consultations. Redundancy is an awful experience and my heart goes out to them. Although they are late teens early twenties, in essence they are still kids.
Early in the month I signed up for another journal class - Like I needed it! (I did actually LOL - A girl can never have enough Journals!) The class is called Remains of the Day and it is by the wonderfully talented Mary Ann Moss - Now the class wasn't cheep, but it was well worth it. Countless videos, pdfs to print off and pdf instructions. Mary Ann is so funny and such a delight I could listen to her talk all day. The class is about gathering all your day to day bits and pieces, sewing them together to create a unique journal that you add your photos and random journaling to later. These little journals are so addictive and also eco friendly using up all your scraps, junk mail in fact anything you want to add. The sewing can be a little time consuming but the finished item is well worth the effort. Below are a couple of photos of my first RoD - and I must say I am delighted how it turned out

For this page I have used my original school leaving certificate (yes they did issue them all those years ago LOL)

Throughout the book I have used security envelopes, kraft paper. patterned paper, stickers,

pages from magazines (the orange piece was an ad in a mag for suntan lotion), labels, payslips (Left hand side of page) bits of painted backgrounds which I created for my journal which I wasn't too happy with, but it is great for this project.

acetate pockets and bits left over from previous scrapping kits

My cover was made fom a cereal box with a slip cover attached - all instructions are covered in the class outline
Do have a look at Mary Ann's blog dipatchesfromla.typepad.com and have a look at her scrummy journals. This is most deffinately one of the most enjoyable online classes that I have signed up for.
I did manage to finish my May calander page for Kate's challenge - although I haven't made a start on June's page yet (This week-end said she! LOL)

As you can see from the entries I needed a sewing machine for the RoD class and it just wasn't happening so I bit the bullet and ordered a new one. I think this has to be my favorite page so far. Now - how do i address June??
WOW!!!Your journal is AMAZING!! Much as I would love to try one out...I fear it may be an addiction too far for me!!
ReplyDeleteLove your May pages too...so bright and cheerful!
xx
i just read your note on my blog. how nice! came by to see your blog. i took that mary moss class a few months ago. my cover is on my blog somewhere. i'm working on my inserts but haven't gotten them done. it's a fun class! love your calendar journal!
ReplyDeleteOooh enjoy your class. It sounds great. :)
ReplyDeleteFabby May pages too. I still need to blog May!
Have a great weekend. Gez.xx
Lovely bright and cheerful pages for May...well done for keeping up - I always seem to be lagging a month behind and rush to get it done right at the last minute!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been tempted by this class and now I've seen yours I'm really tempted. Great journal and your are right you can never have too many.
ReplyDeleteI loved your May pages really bright and a new sewing machine, maybe June can have a stitching theme.I'm doing Kate's calender challenge as well and still keepingup.
Your ROD journal is fantastic and love the way you have recycled some old bits and pieces.
ReplyDeleteYour May pages are wonderful too - love the smile on the sunflower.
Woop woop! to your new sewing machine too.
:)