Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Absent with good cause

Oh my goodness - I have been away for far too long.

In my defence I have been rather busy job hunting and sorting other issues out. I was made redundant mid September and unfortunately other priorities stepped up the ladder i.e sorting out my mortgage, bank account etc etc and more importantly finding a job. Still nothing on the job front I'm afraid (although it's not through the lack of trying). The first couple of weeks were rather hectic and frightening - I've never experienced redundancy before. But I can report that things have settled down somewhat and I am accepting my current situation albeit not necessarily enjoying it.

I wasn't able to journal a great deal in those first few weeks, but here are a couple of pages that I have done recently.
LOL nice and grey for that depressive state of mind.
and I deliberately made this page brighter although the journalling is rather glum!

The gorgeous images are from Marsha at Tumblefish studio and all paints and ink sprays are from Dyan at Art from the Heart.

And this one I did over the w/end as my contribution to record Halloween. I've lightened the scan as it's towards the end of my journal and the earlier bulk in the book causes a shadow on the scan - I could try and flatten it but I'm afraid I may break the spine on my poor old journal which is already showing strain with the additional paints and images.

The grim reaper image is from Itkupilli. This journal is an old A5 cash book and is 107 years old! So I treat it with lots of TLC.
I have also finished my October calendar page although I must confess to not yet completing September - I will get around to it soon though, everything is recorded in my big daily journal.
I have interviews on Thursday and Friday of this week and Tuesday of next week so hopefully, by the time I blog again I will be back in full time employment (fingers crossed).

2 comments:

  1. Chris, its lovely to see you back! although I'm sorry you've had a tough time lately - good luck with the job hunt - I'll be thinking of you for the forthcomins interviews :D
    You've created some fantastic journal pages - Marsha's images are fantastic and you've used them so wonderfully! Stay positive! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous art journal pages Chris. Love your backgrounds :) Hope the interviews go well. Best wishes, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete